Sunday, September 13, 2015

What's It To You?


I personally feel that a person should be whomever they desire to be if it is not causing physical harm to the next person. I was born a girl. I have never questioned this. I have never had a reason to because I am comfortable in this skin. I have grown into a young woman and I love everything about it. However, this is not the case for all people. I can’t imagine living as a woman and being uncomfortable in my own body or live as a man and being uncomfortable in my own body. When people open about their ill feelings regarding their gender or sex, I know that it takes some bravery to do so. These people are met with ridicule and insults from their fellow American brother and sisters. I still don’t understand why. Who are we to shame someone for doing right by themselves? By doing right, I mean doing what makes them happy. I can understand that those close to these individuals may be confused especially if children are involved. I believe if a person is struggling to find comfort in being a woman or man then they should take action quickly as possible. Acting quickly could result in the person not living a lie or forcing others to live a lie. I understand why people do struggle for so long before acting because transgender related issues are frowned upon in America. Yes, many people are affected by a person’s decision to identify as transgender but the people who matter will understand. Besides, in most cases it’s outsiders who don’t matter who have the meanest things to say. What’s it to you anyways?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Mercedes! This is just what I was hoping for! This is interesting and thought provoking. Cool! :-)
    Dr. G

    ReplyDelete